Growing demand for studying MBBS in Bangladesh among Indian students
Equipped with modern infrastructure, Bangladesh offers world-class medical education to thousands of foreign students
MBBS is one of the most popular post-secondary courses among Indian students. But the stiff competition in the entrance exam, NEET allows only a handful of aspirants to get into government medical colleges in India.
The rest of the students have a choice to go to private colleges in India or better option is to go abroad for MBBS to complete their dream medical education.
MBBS Admission in Bangladesh, Philippines, China, Russia and Georgia remain popular destinations among students who choose to go overseas. But in recent years, studying MBBS in Bangladesh has witnessed an ever-increasing demand.
MBBS in abroad
There are several reasons behind this trend, as observed by education experts. MBBS course fee in Bangladesh is significantly lower than private universities in India.
Nevertheless, medical education in Bangladesh is empowered by experienced teachers and the existing state-of-the-art infrastructure further helps to enhance the quality. Furthermore, the language of instruction being English does not require students to take language tests.
The colleges are approved by NMC (formerly MCI) and follow almost the same syllabus as their Indian counterparts.
Bangladesh also offers colleges that are exclusive to women medical colleges for Indian students. Students doing MBBS from a foreign university have to pass the FMGE/NExT exam to practice in India or pursue PG Medical or higher education.
The percentage of students who pass the licensure exam after obtaining an MBBS degree in Bangladesh remains one of the highest, a testament to the excellent quality of education provided there.
Lower travel costs from India, lower cost of living and similar eating habits remain some other advantages. Bangladesh teaching hospitals handle a very high number of outpatients as compared to other popular countries, which provides better practical experience to students. The climate is the same in both countries, the prevailing diseases are also the same.
In addition, government medical colleges offer SAARC quota which provides free scholarship seats to Indian students. In terms of security, Bangladesh is a very safe place to live and study.
Duration of MBBS Course in Bangladesh: 5 (FIVE) YEARS
Compulsory Internship (Clerkship) in Bangladesh Duration: 1 (one) year at Own Institute
Clerkship in India Duration: 1 (one) year in any institute.
Know more MBBS admission process in Bangladesh as Indian candidates
The admission process requires several documents like marks, certificates, admit cards of classes 10 and 12, passport, NEET-UG scorecard, Aadhaar card and birth certificate. A mark sheet equivalency certificate must also be submitted.
The primary disadvantage of MBBS from Bangladesh is the lack of proper guidelines and information about the admission process. It increases the chance of getting into a not-so-good college at a higher tuition fee.
It is also true that the entire MBBS admission process becomes a bit time consuming and there is a lot of paperwork to be done within the allotted time. Another challenge is choosing the right medical school.
Affiliation and recognition status, patient flow, infrastructure and performance of FMGE/NExT are other factors that determine the right medical college for MBBS from Bangladesh considering the most important aspect of individual budget.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
Army Medical College Jashore
Army Medical College Bogura
Brahmanbaria Medical College
Top Women’s Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Bangladesh
- There is no air conditioning in the hostel (it can be provided on special request with an extra charge).
- Hostel conditions are not improving. Hostels in China or Russia are far better than in Bangladesh.
- The standard of living is not as improved as China or Russia.
- Very few holidays and fewer holidays
- Few medical colleges (Greedy Management) increase fees without providing proper infrastructure to students.
- Avoid such medical colleges which charge additional tuition fees after admission.
- Another problem is corruption. World Ranking Corrupt Country (see here https://www.ranker.com/list/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/info-lists) but less corrupt than the Philippines.
- The initial admission cost to join the first year of Private Medical College in Bangladesh is a bit high, almost 50% of the total package you have to pay during admission.
- Complete vegetarian or Jain meals are hard to find everywhere in Bangladesh.
- He has to study hard because of exams every week.
- No clubs, no parties, no bright life, no pubs.
- If you are a party person and only looking for MBBS degree – but no career goal, don’t want to learn, then avoid Bangladesh medical colleges.
- The initial homesickness during the first year needs 2-3 months to settle.
- Eligibility criteria of MBBS Bangladesh is very tough for admission in Med College, you have to fulfill all the requirements.
Subjects teaching in MBBS Bangladesh
|First Professional MBBS
|Second Professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics
|Third Professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects
Surgery & Allied subjects
Obstetrics and Gynecology
|Final Professional MBBS
Bangladesh MBBS Study Plan
|1st Prof. MBBS
|2nd Prof. MBBS
|3rd Prof. MBBS
|4th Prof. MBBS
|Obs. & Gyne
Admissions Consultant at Apply Bangladesh MBBS College
There are few MBBS Admission Education Consultancies Like Fortune Education that help students with admissions and choosing the right colleges. But what is more difficult is to find a consultancy company dedicated to the purpose of MBBS admission in medical colleges in Bangladesh.
Fortune Education Consultancy is the oldest and most trusted authorized agency in town and undoubtedly the pioneer in this field, dealing with many students every year.
Since its inception in 2004, they have guided countless students in securing admission to the best medical colleges in Bangladesh.We aim to ensure that the students get the right colleges and at the right time with minimum effort.
“The application success rate over the years is extremely high From Fortune Education.Students moreover need to pay directly to the colleges, not us”.
The organization has one more website dedicated to the MBBS Admission process in Bangladesh for Indian and Foreign Students.
Students can visit www.fortuneeducationconsultancy.com to know the latest updates, the current fee structure of the medical colleges in Bangladesh, and important dates regarding the admission process.
The Organization has mention detailed information on Website about Studying MBBS in Bangladesh. Medical aspirants may contact over email or the helpline number mentioned on the website.