MBBS Admission In India For International Students
MBBS Admission in India
MBBS in India is a significant choice for undergraduates who want to pursue medical education. There are a total of 335 medical colleges in India, of which 180 are private institutions and 155 are government institutions.
The curriculum includes practical knowledge and clinical procedure practice. MBBS in India is top rated in training courses and research programs.
To apply for MBBS in India, students should clear the NEET entrance exam. All students seeking MBBS in India will get a NOC (No Objection Certificate) after passing the entrance exam.
For government posts, counseling at the state level is done by the required bodies of the respective organizations. MBBS in India is the best choice for medical professionals who want to be either a doctor or a surgeon.
The degree awarded after completing the MBBS course is “Bachelor of Medicine” or “Bachelor of Surgery”.
The duration of the MBBS course in India is 5.5 years including a 1-year paid internship. Affiliation and accreditation of MBBS course in India is done by National Medical Commission (NMC) and Government of India authorities.
MBBS in India 2023: Quick Overview
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 Science (PCB) with good score|
|NEET Exam||Required, it is compulsory with good scores|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not Required|
|Minimum Course Fee||Rs.4 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum Course Fee||Rs.15 Lakhs/Year|
|Cost of Living in India||Rs.9 Thousand/Month|
|Course Duration (in Years)||5.5 + 1 Year Internship|
|Recognition of University||NMC & WHO Approved|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|Top Medical University||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)|
|Climate Condition||Hot, Cold and Rainy|
- Delhi is the capital city of India.
- The official language is Hindi.
- More than 80% of India’s population speaks English.
- The currency of India is the Indian Rupee (INR).
- India shares its borders with China, Pakistan, Nepal, Myanmar, Afghanistan and Bhutan.
- In India, the weather is tropical monsoon climate and tropical wet and dry climate.
- The population in India is approx.
- 133.92 million crowns.
- India has the largest postal network in the world with more than 1,55,015 post offices.
- India is known for hosting the largest gathering in the Kumbh Mela.
- In 2011, over 75 million pilgrims. The group was even visible from space.
- India has the largest postal network in the world with more than 1,55,015 post offices.
Why MBBS in India?
- Medical universities in India are some of the best and most prominent in the world.
- There are more than 300 medical universities and colleges in India. Of these, about 180 are private universities.
- A total of approximately 72,098 seats are available in India.
- MBBS in India is ranked higher due to its excellence in research and training programs.
- Indian medical schools are known for providing excellent clinical knowledge and expertise.
- Students have the advantage of participating in international seminars and conferences.
- The syllabus followed in Indian medical college is of global standard.
- After MBBS from India, students are free to practice in any part of the world.
- Students will practice on real human bodies
Duration of MBBS in India
- MBBS in India has a tenure of 5.5 years.
- It includes 4.5 years of classroom study and the last year is dedicated to practice.
- For the postgraduate program you will need a period of 3 years.
- Diploma courses take two years to complete.
- Other specialization programs take a certain amount of time.
- Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in India
Candidate must be 17 years of age at the time of taking MBBS in India.
- Candidate must not exceed 25 years of age.
- Medical candidate needs to score 50% marks in 12th class for general category students.
- Reserved category candidates must score at least 40%.
- For AIIMS the percentage is 60% and 45% for SC/ST and OBC.
- Medical candidate must have primary subjects in 12th class Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- NEET is compulsory.Other entrance exams that a medical candidate can apply for – JIPMER or AIIMS entrance tests, Kerala CEE, Karnataka CET etc.
Documents Required for MBBS in India
Medical candidate must keep all the following documents ready for seeking MBBS admission in India:
- Medical candidates must possess valid mark sheets of class 10th and class 12th.
- NEET scorecard is an essential requirement for getting admission to MBBS India.
- Medical candidates must possess a valid school transfer certificate, code of conduct certificate, medical certificate, health check-up certificate, and no criminal record certificate.
- Having a passport and passport size, photocopies are also one of the requirements.
- The students should have a caste certificate indicating that the medical candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC.
- Medical candidate needs to show parents’ bank statement, which indicates that he/she will be able to pay the fees required during admission.
Process of Admission for MBBS in India
- You must complete Class XII with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must qualify in NEET for admission in MBBS.
- After qualifying for the NEET exam, students must appear for counseling.
- There are some other exams as AIIMS, JIPMER for medical college admission.
- Students can also appear for the entrance examination for seven AIIMS.
MBBS Seats in India
According to a Times of India survey published in June, the academic year (2021-22) is the most significant year for the addition of medical seats in India’s top government and private colleges. This year, approximately 2,800 medical posts are reserved in 25 state medical colleges.
MBBS admissions are done through NEET exams across the country. The NEET program provides access to 70,693 MBBS and 26,693 BDS seats in India.
Medical aspirants can check all details related to MBBS seats in India as given below:
Types of Colleges
AIIMS & JIPMER Institutions
MBBS Admission In India For International Students
- Govt. India has certain seat reservations for non-resident Indian (NRI) students and students coming from other countries.
- Even NRI medical students can apply to private and govt institutions.
- NRI students can apply through the offices of diplomatic advisors available in India.
- Indian Embassy can offer more accurate and precise information needed for NRI students.
- In some situations, entrance tests are not required by NRI students.
- Reserved NRI quota seats offering admission for international students.
- In NRI quota too, seats are allotted based on merit and performance.
- The fee structure may be different for NRI students in medical board approved colleges.
What is the main difference in doing MBBS in India and MBBS abroad?
- Course length: all medical universities outside India have an academic curriculum that includes 5 years of theoretical study and one year of internship over a period of 6 years. For MBBS in India, this curriculum is for 5.5 years out of which 4.5 years of study and one year of internship.
- Course Fee: Government colleges in India do not charge a high fee structure as compared to private medical colleges in India. As for medical schools abroad, they don’t ask for donations and the academic fee per year is less than Indian private medical institutions.
- Reputation: Few of the Indian medical schools are listed in the rankings of the best medical schools in the world. Even AIIMS, Delhi, India’s top medical school, is not among the top 100 medical schools in the world. In such a situation, it is better to be associated with a medical school abroad rather than going to a private medical facility.
- Personality development: living outside India inculcates a good personality in you because of the global exposure you get. Studying MBBS abroad will make you more learned and experienced as compared to India.
- NMC Screening Test: if you want to come back to India after your MBBS abroad, you will have to appear for the NMC Screening Test also called as FMGE to get a license to practice medicine in India. When you study in any medical college in India, you get a license after graduation without having to sit for an exam.
- Global exposure: when you go abroad to study medicine, you will meet a lot of new people from different countries and learn their culture as well. This helps in providing global exposure for better personality development.
- Clinical Insights: India has a growing population, so hospitals are flooded with patients every day. Studying and practicing in India will indeed give you a good level of clinical knowledge, but studying MBBS abroad can expose you to new R&D.
- World-class infrastructure: apart from a few medical colleges in the country, healthcare facilities in India lack basic infrastructure. If you go for MBBS abroad, you will be able to indulge in quality education even at top medical universities with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Global reputation: it is always better to study at universities that have a global reputation in the world. MBBS abroad offers you several benefits that you can enjoy at a global level.
- Family and Friends: with an MBBS in India, you will live in the country and meet your parents, family and friends on special occasions. Don’t miss Indian food and the atmosphere of living in your own country.
- NEET Exam: to do MBBS in India you need to get good marks and top rank to get a seat in the best medical college in the country. For this you also have to appear for NEET exam.
Benefits of MBBS in India
- India ranks among the top healthcare and education facilities in the world.
- During MBBS in India, students will learn about tropical diseases.
- They study some rare diseases that do not exist in other foreign countries.
- At the time of internships during MBBS in India, medical students get real life experience.
- Every state has state-funded medical universities.
- The Indian MBBS degree is accepted worldwide.
- Tests like IELTS & TOEFL are not mandator.
- India is a populated country, the need of doctors is increasing day by day.
- Students will learn about modern technologies of medical science.
- There are excellent postgraduate and specialist opportunities.
Disadvantages of MBBS in India
- The biggest disadvantage is that without an excellent NEET result, there will be no state medical college vacancies for you.
- Medical students do not have the opportunity to experience global exposure
To pursue MBBS in India, medical candidates have to clear several entrance exams which are mandator.
- If you are unable to clear any of the entrance exams, it becomes difficult to seek admission in any of the government universities.
- Private medical colleges in India are very expensive.
- Private universities charge hefty tuition fees.
- Private medical colleges also charge donation or capitation fees at the time of MBBS admission in India.
- Medical candidates do not have the opportunity to explore new cultures or learn any new language.
- Medical universities in foreign countries have good infrastructure compared to medical universities in India.
- There is a huge demand for mbbs in India.
- The seats are limited.
- There are very few governments. medical colleges in India thereby reducing the number of posts in the medical sector.
NMC Recognized Medical Society Colleges list
|1.||Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Chittoor||Andhra Pradesh|
|2.||Gayathri Vidya Parishad Institute of Health Care & Medical Technology, Visakhapatnam||Andhra Pradesh|
|3.||Nimra Institute of Medical Sciences, Krishna Dist., A.P.||Andhra Pradesh|
|4.||Viswabharathi Medical College, Kurnool||Andhra Pradesh|
|5.||Netaji Subhas Medical College & Hospital, Amhara, Bihta, Patna||Bihar|
|6.||Raipur Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Raipur||Chattisgarh|
|7.||Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhilai||Chattisgarh|
|8.||Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi||Delhi|
|9.||Adesh Medical College and Hospital, Shahabad, Kurukshetra, Haryana||Haryana|
|10.||The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore||Karnataka|
|11.||Mount Zion Medical College, Chayalode, Ezhamkulam Adoor, Pathanamthitta||Kerala|
|12.||Amaltas Institute of Medical Sciences, Dewas||Madhya Pradesh|
|13.||RKDF Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Jatkhedi, Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh|
|14.||Symbiosis Medical College for Women, Pune||Maharashtra|
|15.||Ananta Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Rajsamand||Rajasthan|
|16.||Pacific Institute of Medical Sciences, Umarda, Udaipur||Rajasthan|
|17.||Ayaan Institute of Medical Sciences, Teaching Hospital & Research Centre, Kanaka Mamidi, R.R. Dist||Telangana|
|18.||Dr. Patnam Mahender Reddy Institute of Medical Sciences, Chevella, Rangareddy||Telangana|
|19.||Maheshwara Medical College, Chitkul, Patancheru, Medak||Telangana|
|20.||Malla Reddy Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad||Telangana|
|21.||Mallareddy Medical College for Womens, Hyderabad||Telangana|
|22.||Mamata Academy of Medical Sciences, Bachupally||Telangana|
|23.||Shadan Institute of Medical Sciences,Research Centre and Teaching Hospital, Peerancheru||Telangana|
|24.||Surabhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Siddipet, Telangana||Telangana|
|25.||Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical & Health Sciences, Dehradun||Uttarakhand|
|26.||K.D. Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Mathura||Uttar Pradesh|
|27.||Krishna Mohan Medical College & Hospital, Mathura||Uttar Pradesh|
|28.||Mulayam Singh Yadav Medical College & Hospital, Meerut, UP||Uttar Pradesh|
|29.||Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Durgapur||West Bengal|
List of Number of Medical Colleges in India (Private & Government)
Number of colleges
Providing MBBS course
Jammu and Kashmir
Syllabus for MBBS in India
1ST – 2ND Semester
Pre-Clinical Subjects – Human Anatomy, Bio-chemistry, andPhysiology, Bio-Physics, Biochemistry, and introduction to Community Medicine Humanities.
3rd, 4th & 5th Semester
Para-clinical and Clinical subjects – Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Clinical postings in wards, OPDs, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Microbiology
6th – 9th Semester
Continuation of study of clinical subjects – Community Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medicine and Allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Surgery and Allied subjects (Anesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics), Paediatrics, andClinical Postings
Community Medicine, Surgery including Orthopaedics, Medicine, Welfare Planning, Paediatric, Obst. / Gynae. Including Family, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, and Casualty
How Much Does It Cost To Study MBBS In India
MBBS Fee Structure for Top Medical College In India
|College name||Annual fee structure||Fees to paid at admission||Hostel fee|
|Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Delhi||1200000||1262000||10000|
|Smt B. K. Shah Medical Institute and Research Centre, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth||1595000||1595000||16500|
|M.M. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mullana||1500000||1558300||14170|
|BLDE Deemed University, Bijapur||1700000||1715000||9000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi||1524000||1524000||10000|
|JSS Medical College and Hospital, Jagadguru||1471750||1471750||14300|
|K S Hegde Medical Academy, Manglauru||1435000||1441500||8000|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1310000||1310000||12450|
|Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Kolar||1450000||1450000||5100|
|Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur||1565750||1565750||10000|
|Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||1600000||1600000||11667|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi||1800000||1936100||5584|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University Medical College and Hospital Sangli||1730000||1903000||7583|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune||1730000||1903000||7583|
|Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pune||2200000||2860700||23392|
|Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Mumbai||2575000||2575000||17500|
|D Y Patil Medical College, Kolhapur||2060000||2060000||8334|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Datta Meghe, Wardha||1715000||1850000||15200|
|Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad||1950000||1950000||5833|
|MGM Medical College, Aurangabad||200000||200000||5000|
|MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai||200000||200000||7500|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal,||1310000||1310000||10300|
|GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Visakhapatnam||1881000||1881000||14000|
|Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar||1790000||1790000||4000|
|Rural Medical College and PIMS, Loni||1275000||1275000||3333|
|Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||1600000||1600000||14000|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry||2000000||2000000||14500|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||2150000||2150000||10416|
|Vinayaka Missions Medical College and Hospital, Karaikal||1800000||1858550||5000|
|A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Chennai||2300000||2440000||15417|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospital, Puducherry||1950000||2008550||10000|
|Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute, Kancheepuram||2200000||2200000||26250|
|Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai||2250000||2250000||12500|
|Saveetha Medical College, Chennai||2200000||2340000||8000|
|Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute, Kancheepuram||1800000||1800000||14500|
|Shree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai||2475000||2475000||6250|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai||2200000||2260000||200000|
|SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai||2250000||2260000||22000|
|Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College and Hospital, Salem||2000000||2058550||5000|
|Santosh Medical College and Hospital, Ghaziabad, NCR Delhi||2400000||2400000||16667|
|RajaRajeswari Medical College, Bengaluru||2350000||2350000||12500|
|Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, Begur||1115750||1115750||10000|
Best Private Medical Colleges in India
Below is a list of all the private institutions that are ranked top in the country for their medical education:
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore: The medical college is owned by a private institution and affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University. It has a total of 100 seats out of which 16 are filled through All India Quota and 84 are filled through State Counselling.
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal: it is a medical college which is affiliated to the considered university in Manipal, Karnataka and admits MBBS candidates to their university through NEET examination. The total intake of MBBS students is 400. It also accepts applicants from abroad.
- John’s Medical College, Bangalore: the college is part of St. John’s Academy of Health Sciences and admits a total of 60 students into its MBBS program annually. Admission is after qualifying the NEET exam.
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana: the college is maintained by Christian Medical College Ludhiana. To get admission in the college you will have to clear the NEET exam for a total of 75 seats for MBBS and 25 seats for BDS.
- Shri Ramchandra University, Chennai: Sri Ramchandra College and Research Institute was established in 1985. To get admission in medical school, you will have to clear the NEET exam. The college admits a total of 250 students for its MBBS programme.
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore: the college is a private institution and was established in 1955. It graduates MBBS aspirants for the NEET examination. The total strength of MBB school is 250.
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Center, Chennai: also called SRM MCHRC, the college was established in 2005. It has a total intake of 150 seats for its undergraduate program through NEET exam qualification.
- MS Ramaiah Medical College Bangalore: Located in Bangalore, it is one of the best medical colleges which are privately owned. Admission to MBBS program is through NEET exam. Total intake for MBBS curriculum for 150 students.
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Kerala: the medical school is affiliated to Amrita University, Kerala and admission to its undergraduate programs is through the NEET examination. There are a total of 100 seats for the MBBS program in the medical college.
- Army Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi: the college is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi. He can take admission in his MBBS undergraduate program through NEET exam. The college prefers students from army background or defense category. Total student intake for MBBS program is 100.
Frequently asked questions about studying MBBS in India
Question 1 Does MBBS in India provide good quality medical education?
Ans. Yes, medical colleges in India are known for offering world-class education.
Question 2 Which Indian medical college has the highest preference among students?
Ans. AIIMS (All India Institute for Medical Sciences) is considered as one of the best medical colleges in India.
Ques.3 Is MBBS in India cheap or expensive?
Ans. Government medical colleges in India provide low cost and economical MBBS. However, private colleges are expensive.
Question 4 Is NEET exam difficult for students to qualify?
Ans. It usually depends on the ability of the student and his hard work and concentration towards studying for NEET exam.
Question 5 Is it possible to get admission in India without scoring well in NEET?
Ans. If students do not score well in NEET, they can approach private colleges in India.
Question 6 Is it possible to practice in India after completing MBBS from abroad?
Ans. Yes, the candidate has to pass the exit test before practicing in India.
Fortune Education provides free counseling to prospective students who would be interested in considering MBBS admission / Medical education opportunities in India, We take great pride in our experienced counselor who not only supports students with their entire application process but also helps in guiding to arrive in a decision about their choice of education, scholarships while studying abroad, College-university selection, a wide variety of graduate & undergraduate programs available, admission, study permit, visa application & pre-departure services (accommodation, flight tickets, etc.). Our trained staff will make their recommendation passed on students’ interests and choices. Fortune Education organization provides the best quality service to get admission in MBBS for foreign students who can get the best service.
FOR ADMISSION AND OTHER QUARRIES, CONTACT:
HEAD OFFICE :
MOBILE & WHATSAPP: +88-01995529533
OFFICES IN INDIA:
MOBILE & WHATSAPP: +91-9903355537
WEST BENGAL, MODON MOHON STREET, KOLKATA,
PATNA, BIHAR, DELHI, JAMMU & KASMIR,
HYDERABAD, LUCKNOW, CHENNAI, AND GUWAHATI.