MBBS Admission Process
The foreign student to admit in the MBBS course must be passed the SSC/SLC/O-level/GCSE or equivalent examination with a minimum of 5 subjects and an average mark minimum GPA-3.00. Also, pass in HSC/A-level/12- grade or equivalent examination with Biology, Chemistry & Physics average mark minimum GPA 3.00 but Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/SL-level/GCSE and HSC/A- 12 grade or equivalent examination: 7.00 (seven) and Biology must be pass with GPA 3.50
All foreign students must be applying to the Director-General of Health Service of Government of Bangladesh for an equivalence certificate through the Bangladesh Embassy. All certificates/mark sheets/other certificates and passport photocopies are attested by the respected country’s Education Board or Ministry of Education and authenticated by the respective country’s Foreign Minister.
The government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. The following are the steps that you need to take if you want to get admitted into Private & Government Medical Colleges.
- If you have the passport of a country having a diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in the MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
2. You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
3. Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
b. A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
c. USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
d. Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 7 (seven)
e. Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted to medical colleges in Bangladesh.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College graduation certificates
ii. Mark/grade sheet
iii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iv. Copy of Passport
v. Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- Download the‘ MBBS admission form’ from the website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
- Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favor of DGHS and get the receipt. (For more info. visit www.dghs.gov.org)
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to the Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an Authorized Official Representatives.
Fortune Education provides free counseling to prospective students who would be interested in considering MBBS admission / Medical education opportunities in Bangladesh, We take great pride in our experienced counselor who not only supports students with their entire application process but also helps in guiding to arrive in a decision about their choice of education, scholarships while studying abroad, College-university selection, a wide variety of graduate & undergraduate programs available, admission, study permit, visa application & pre-departure services (accommodation, flight tickets, etc.). Our trained staff will make their recommendation passed on student’s interests and choices. Fortune Education organization provides the best quality service to get admission in MBBS for foreign students who can get the best service.